Now there are three ways to enjoy Outside In, the winner of the 2014 International Book Award for Literary Fiction and the USA Best Book Award for Literary Fiction. Choose your preferred format from hard cover to ebook to audio book and head to the beach, slopes, cabin in the woods or wherever you go to relax and enjoy your time away or place to play.
Excited to announce that a portion of each hardcover, ebook, and audio book sale of Outside In will be donated to the Mental Health & Recovery Board of Erie & Ottawa Counties in Ohio. One of the intentions in writing Outside In was to raise awareness for societal issues with addiction and self-medication unfortunately so prevalent in modern culture. This donation bridges the gap between fictional and real life by helping people actually affected by mental health and addiction issues move toward recovery.
The Mental Health & Recovery Board (MHRB) is the local government agency charged with planning, developing, funding, managing and evaluating a range of mental health and alcohol and drug abuse and addiction services and programs. The Board ensures local management and control over planning and administering alcohol, drug addiction and mental health prevention, treatment and support services to meet the unique needs of Erie & Ottawa County residents.
- Creating and maintaining a system that provides for alcohol, drug and/or mental health services at the community level
- Determining the type of services, programs and facilities that are needed based on need assessments and community input
- Designating treatment services for those involuntarily committed to the board’s care
- Ensure involvement and input by consumers (persons who use the services)
- Entering into contracts with public and private agencies for the provision of services
- Reviewing, evaluating and auditing the delivery of services
- Administering federal, state and local funds
- Recruiting and promoting local financial support for services
This special edition was produced by Trubelo Development and recorded at Waveburner Recording on the shore of Lake Erie just across the water from Put-in-Bay. Recording the story in Doug’s voice in the environment where the novel is set adds another dimension to this award-winning literary fiction. Don’t miss it!
Check out Tiffany’s Bookshelf’s review of Outside In. “This book made me eternally thankful I never got involved in the party scene, but it also helped me understand how young people get sucked into drug and alcohol addictions. Like Brad, we all find ourselves running.”
Check out You Can Read Me Anything’s review of Outside In. “The depths to which Brad descends are chronicled well without being too heavily detailed. His time on the island is a sort of whirlwind of hedonism, and the narrative portrays this well.”
You Can Read Me Anything is run by Kelly, a former ballroom dance instructor who also has a Masters in Literature. Her preferred genres are Fiction — literary and other, YA, and Children’s. Follow her on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Bloglovin.